Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dear Kylie


Dear Kylie,

It is May 16, 2010 and you are 6 years old. You are a quiet child, thin and strong. Nobody can beat you at anything. You are beautiful and sweet and sometimes cry if you don't come in first. You are fast and smart and at the top of your class. You keep callouses on your hands from the monkey bars and you can do chin ups with ease.

When you meet new people, you won't speak to them and that's okay. I quit trying to make you talk a long time ago. But once you get to know someone, you are a fiercely loyal friend, and I have no doubt that you would stand up for your friends if they needed you. I don't always understand you, especially when you are hurting and refuse to tell me why. Your eyes beg me to understand and I want to read your mind, but I can't, so I hold you.

You love to help me in the kitchen and you are excellent with eggs. You can crack and separate them and you seem to enjoy the process as much as I do. Sometimes you cook for your sisters - cinnamon toast or oatmeal. In your kindergarten graduation last week, you dressed like a baker - apron and chef's hat. I gave you my pearl necklace to wear with it.

I know it's not easy to be in the middle -- too little to do everything that Lake does and too big to get away with the things that Cami does. My prayer for you is that you will find peace in the middle, that you will grow in love and strength, that you will trust me, and that you will never know a day without Christ's love.

Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home